WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT YOUR DATA/INFORMATION
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
In the course of using our site or our social media pages, Black Box will ask you for your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number at the time, you show interest in our product.
We use this information to provide you complete details of our products.
We also may use your email address from time to time to inform you about our products and services that we think will interest you.
We collect personal information about you when you submit survey responses, a job application or resume. When applying for a job position, collecting, storing and handling of your personal information is performed in accordance with local legislation.
We automatically receive certain types of information, some of which may be associated with personal information, when you visit our websites or use our products and services.
Each time you access the Black Box services, we record your route information, including your point of origin (which may be your then-current location), the address of your destination, the starting time of your trip, and the route you are undergoing as well as information about car that have been used. We maintain a database with these locations and route information, and may keep such information indefinitely to improve our Services and to provide other features that may enhance your service capabilities, functions, and your user experience. We may periodically receive your current location from the GPS hardware associated with your wireless device for the purpose of providing enhanced services. When your location and speed is used for these purposes, we anonymize them by stripping it of all personal identity information prior to storing.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
You may limit the automatic collection of certain information by our website by disabling the cookies using your browser options. Other Information When using Black Box application or website, we may collect and store information about your hardware device, installed software (e.g. operating system), IP address, mobile equipment model and mobile telecommunications provider.
We may keep any data you provide to us as phone recording, for the purpose of tracking the types of questions we receive and to answer them.
DATA COLLECTION FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add to it or combine it with your personal information. For example, we may collect marketing and demographic data about you from third parties for marketing research and analysis to improve our products/services, obtain updated address information from our shippers, or collect information from other vendors that promote and distribute our products through their own brands.
DISCLOSING YOUR DATA/INFORMATION
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Information may be disclosed by us for the following reason as set forth below but not limited to:
- We may use the information we collect for analytical purposes, and to assist us in improving our processes, products and services.
- We may use your information to evaluate your request for Black Tracker products or services.
- To use for internal record keeping.
- To confirm whether any claims, illegal act or breach of law, if any has been charged against you in the past to protect our interest.
- Black Box may provide your personal data to its affiliates or related companies for legitimate business purposes.
- Black Box Pvt. Ltd. may disclose your personal data if it is required to do so by law or if, in Black Box Tracker’s good faith judgment, such legal disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes or respond to any claims. In the event of a full or partial merger with, or acquisition of all or part of Black Box Tracker by another company, the acquirer would have access to the information maintained by that Black Box Tracker, which could include personal data.
- Black Box Pvt. Ltd. may engage service providers, agents or contractors to provide services on its behalf, including administering of Black Box’s Website and services available to you. These third parties may come to access or otherwise process your personal data in the course of providing these services.
Information may be disclosed to the extent that such disclosure is required by law, regulations or court order. Furthermore, we do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to others. We may give general statistics about our customers, sales, and related site information to other companies however these statistics will not include any information that personally identifies you, unless we have said otherwise in this policy. However, Black Box Pvt. Ltd. shall not be liable for any disclosure of confidential information beyond its reasonable control.
RETENTION OF DATA/ INFORMATION
Black Box Pvt. Ltd. will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the stated purpose, taking into account also our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You may also contact through “Contact Us” form on our Website.